Are you putting the finishing touches on a new build and are looking to have a new boiler installed? Or do you already have a boiler, but it is giving you non-stop issues, and you are looking to replace it? If either fits your situation, having a new boiler installed is an investment that should last you for many years to come.
Your boiler, whether you have a conventional or combination boiler, plays a very important role in your home, and you want to have a boiler that you can really rely on!
In this article, we’ll have a look at some of the costs involved and what factors affect the cost of boiler installations in the UK.
Signs it’s Time to Get a New Boiler
You may be putting off getting a new boiler, but you could be wasting a lot of money on having to constantly replace parts and get repairs. Some signs which suggest that it may be a good idea to invest in a new gas boiler include:
- Your current boiler is too small for your home and does not process enough hot water at a time for the needs of your family.
- You experience constant issues with your boiler, such as leaks, strange noises, etc. and you often have to call in your local gas engineer to sort out these issues for you.
- You constantly have to replace broken boiler parts.
- Your gas engineer recommends an upgrade.
- Your current boiler is over 10years old, and you feel like it is definitely time for an upgrade.
Choosing the Right Boiler
Once you have decided that you are going to invest in a new boiler for your home, it is important that you choose the right boiler! Choosing the wrong boiler may end up being a waste of money, so it is essential that you are aware of your and your family’s needs.
The first thing you need to decide on is type. There are two types of gas boilers, namely conventional and combination. Conventional boilers are usually found in older homes and are attached to storage units, meaning that they do not require any pressure from the mains. On the other hand, combination boilers are directly linked to the mains supply and provide instant hot water, with no storage tank required. Most newer homes opt for combination boilers, but more than one may be needed for large homes.
Despite the installation cost, another cost that you should consider is the energy costs, as this will be a monthly cost for you. It is known that combination boilers are much more energy-efficient than conventional boilers and can help bring your energy bills down. That is why many people opt for a boiler replacement by replacing their conventional boiler with a combination boiler.
The next thing you’ll need to think about is the brand and model. There are many different brands and models of both conventional and combination boilers out there, so it is best you do a little research.
If you want to avoid making the wrong decision, be sure to discuss your options with a trusted gas engineer that will help point you in the right direction and help you make a good choice based on your needs and budget.
The Cost of Boilers
In the UK, you can expect anywhere between £600 and £3,000 for your boiler alone. This does not include the installation cost. What you pay for your boiler will depend if you are looking for something entry-level, mid-range or high-range.
It is hard to place an exact price on an installation, but if you are going to get an installation, many gas engineers offer packages and specials that are worth looking into.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Your Gas Boiler Installation
There are so many factors that affect the overall cost of gas boiler installation, including
- Your location (if you live in a rural area you may have to pay extra petrol costs)
- The company that you choose to install your boiler (local companies are often much more affordable than national companies).
- If you choose to have any other plumbing or gas work done at the same time.
- If you want any added extras such as radiator valves, smart thermostat, scale reducers, and more.
- If the location of your new boiler is going to be different from your old one.
Are you looking for a team that can offer you exceptional service when it comes to your boiler installation or boiler replacement in Derbyshire or surrounding areas? Here at B. Wilson Plumbing, we have a team of experts that are able to handle all types of boiler replacements as well as the best heat pump services around. Feel free to get in touch with us today to find out more!